MHG59556 - Township - Faolainn
No summary available.
Type and Period (3)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- LAZY BEDS (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
The remains of several structures, lazy beds and a field system are visible in aerial photography. They likely represent the remains a township, although nothing is depicted on the 1st or 2nd edition OS maps. <1> <2>
GIS Spatial data created 2019 based on the structures depicted on OS Master Map. <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2010. Getmapping aerial photography 2010.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 3719 2551 (43m by 71m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/318088/skye-faolainn (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.