MHG59578 - Buildings - Lub an Eorna
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The OS survey of 1874 showed a roofed building here that was still roofed in 1902. Another building was shown c40m to the E in 1902. Nothing was shown on the OS survey of 1971. Neither building could be seen during the NTS pre-afforestation survey of Kintail and West Affric in 1997 and they probably lie under the modern road. Nevertheless, traces of former garden ground could be seen as well as a short length of the route of the track shown on the 1st and 2nd ed OS maps.
This may be the site of the original croft house at Lub an Eorna, replaced (by KIN009) during the early 20th century. However it was probably established only in the late 18th or 19th centuries as nothing was shown on Roy's survey here. <1>
- --- Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- --- Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital. XY
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wordsworth. J. & Harden, J.. 1997. Kintail and West Affric Archaeological Survey. Wordsworth Archaeological Services. 18/06/2004. Paper and Digital. KIN011.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 0112 1338 (15m by 7m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/317610/lub-an-eorna (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.