MHG59582 - Sheepfold - Inchnacroe
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) SHEEP FOLD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- SHEEP FOLD (Modern - 1901 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
A sheepfold was shown here on the 1st edition OS map but not on the 2nd edition. The present sheepfold is built over this. Recorded during the NTS pre-afforestation survey of Kintail and West Affric in 1997. <1>
GIS spatial data created 2019 based on OS Master Map. <2>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wordsworth. J. & Harden, J.. 1997. Kintail and West Affric Archaeological Survey. Wordsworth Archaeological Services. 18/06/2004. Paper and Digital. KIN162.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 9687 2138 (16m by 34m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/317615/inchnacroe (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.