MHG59650 - Sheepfold - Allt an Tadair
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- SHEEP FOLD (20th Century - 1901 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- (Alternate Type) ENCLOSURE (20th Century - 1901 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- None recorded
A well built drystone sheepfold was recorded during an NTS pre-afforestation survey of Kintail and West Affric in 1997. It measured c.17m square with walls c.0.8m wide and up to c.1.1m high with its entrance on the S and a creep to the N. It was shown on the 2nd edition OS maps as an enclosure. <1>
GIS spatial data created 2019 based on OS Master Map. <2>
- --- Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wordsworth. J. & Harden, J.. 1997. Kintail and West Affric Archaeological Survey. Wordsworth Archaeological Services. 18/06/2004. Paper and Digital. KIN126.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 0298 1723 (16m by 12m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/317586/allt-an-tadair (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.