MHG59667 - Drill Hall - Gower Street Lane, Brora
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) DRILL HALL (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD to 2000 AD)
- GARAGE (Modern - 1901 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
The first Drill Hall in Brora is depicted on the 1st and 2nd OS maps. The building ceased to be a Drill Hall when the Gower Street Drill Hall was opened prior to the First World War (see MHG59668). The building has since been adapted as a garage.
Recorded as part of HS and RCAHMS World War One Audit Project, 2013. <1> <2> <3>
GIS spatial data created 2019 based on OS Master Map. <4>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 331772.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Barclay, G.J.. 2014. The Built Heritage of the First World War in Scotland: The report of a project commissioned by Historic Scotland & RCAHMS. Unaffiliated. Digital. pp. 66, Table 46.
- <3> Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 392.
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NC 9057 0392 (20m by 16m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331772/brora-gower-street-lane-drill-hall (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.