MHG59850 - Building, Western Rhu Peninsula
Ruined building at Western Rhu Peninsula
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
The north western area of the Rhu peninsula is now part of Rhu Farm, stretching west and north to the coast of the main farmhouse to the point at Rhubh’ Arisaig in the north-west corner. It was surveyed in 2013 by Rough Bounds Archaeology et al.
Site 6. Degraded ruin c.7 x 3 mtrs with walls now only 25 cms high but walls substantial and thick with rounded corners – sub rectangular. Ruin sheltered from all directions except the north and with a north facing entrance. Just to the south up a small rise a small level area of cultivation. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2012 aerial photographs. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6211 8440 (9m by 7m)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.