MHG59851 - Cairns, Western Rhu Peninsula
Cairns at Western Rhu Peninsula
Type and Period (2)
- CLEARANCE CAIRN? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- CAIRN (Unknown date)
- None recorded
The north western area of the Rhu peninsula is now part of Rhu Farm, stretching west and north to the coast of the main farmhouse to the point at Rhubh’ Arisaig in the north-west corner. It was surveyed in 2013 by Rough Bounds Archaeology et al.
Site 7. Small cairns by old track marked on map and was the original track to Rhu House. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2012 aerial photographs. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6203 8447 (10m by 10m)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.