MHG59852 - Enclosure, Western Rhu Peninsula
Enclosure and rigs at Western Rhu Peninsula
Type and Period (2)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- RIG AND FURROW (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
The north western area of the Rhu peninsula is now part of Rhu Farm, stretching west and north to the coast of the main farmhouse to the point at Rhubh’ Arisaig in the north-west corner. It was surveyed in 2013 by Rough Bounds Archaeology et al.
Site 8. Large enclosure using natural outcrops on the western side at the top of the hill and signs of E/W rigs inside the enclosure. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2012 aerial photographs. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6202 8458 (86m by 257m)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.