MHG59856 - Building, Western Rhu Peninsula
Ruined building at Western Rhu Peninsula
Type and Period (2)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- WELL? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
The north western area of the Rhu peninsula is now part of Rhu Farm, stretching west and north to the coast of the main farmhouse to the point at Rhubh’ Arisaig in the north-west corner. It was surveyed in 2013 by Rough Bounds Archaeology et al.
Site 13. Very degraded ruin c.7 x 3 mtrs obscured by vegetation on eastern side of an extensive peat bog – possible entrance to the east side facing hillside. Possible well just up the hill side to the NE. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2012 aerial photographs. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6192 8448 (5m by 5m)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.