MHG59857 - Building, Western Rhu Peninsula
Ruined building at Western Rhu Peninsula
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
The north western area of the Rhu peninsula is now part of Rhu Farm, stretching west and north to the coast of the main farmhouse to the point at Rhubh’ Arisaig in the north-west corner. It was surveyed in 2013 by Rough Bounds Archaeology et al.
Site 14. A degraded ruin with only short sections of walling extant and a great deal of tumble on the northern end. Difficult to see shape of building – possibly originally circular and then later extended to the north. Overall size c. 10 x 3 mtrs. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2012 aerial photographs. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6178 8448 (11m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.