MHG59887 - Field wall, North-Western Rhu Peninsula
Field wall at North-Western Rhu Peninsula
Type and Period (1)
- WALL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
This area, as with Western Rhu, is now part of Rhu Farm, with no concentrated settlement but with a scattering of old cultivation and peat digging areas. It was surveyed in 2013 by Rough Bounds Archaeology et al.
Site 29. Running N/S is a substantial field wall just to the east of the store house which starts a few metres north of the ruin at the shore line and runs the whole length of the peninsula for over 1.2 kms to the shore line at Port a’ Bhathaich beyond the Steadings enclosing the fields. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2012 aerial photographs. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6212 8431 (489m by 1260m)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.