MHG59910 - Radio Station - Maol Breac
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RADIO STATION (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
A radio station is visible on RAF vertical air photograph CPE/Scot/UK183 4070 (flown 8 October 1946). Two groups of three masts aligned NE-SW lie at the NW end of a track beside two buildings. Further buildings and probable mast bases lie some 600m to the SW at the end of the track.
The purpose of the radio station is unclear, but may have been either a military installation connected to Loch Ewe or a General Post Office short wave radio station providing addition communications between the mainland and Lewis.
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 15 November 2013.
GIS spatial data copied from data supplied by AKK from the RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. <1>
- --- SHG23282 Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 333392.
- <1> SHG28062 Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 1303. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 7482 8358 (359m by 705m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.