MHG59920 - Storehouse/boathouse, Taigh a’Phortair (Porter’s Lodge) Rhumach Field and Steadings, Rhu
Storehouse/boathouse at Taigh a’Phortair (Porter’s Lodge) Rhumach Field and Steadings, Rhu
Type and Period (1)
- BOAT HOUSE (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- None recorded
This survey, undertaken in 2014 by Rough Bounds Archaeology et al, covered the land around Taigh a’Phortair (Porter’s Lodge) Rhumach Field and Steadings.
Site 3. Storehouse, c.10 x 6 mtrs probably built in 1885, now a boathouse. Stone built with slated roof. Walls 2ft 6ins thick. Broad doorway east facing with, 7ft x 9ft with 3 wooden lintels. Back door facing W. Boarded window in N. gable end. Longside N/S. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2012 aerial photographs. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6271 8513 (9m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.