MHG60134 - Graffiti - Portnancon, Loch Eriboll
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- GRAFFITI (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
Visible on the hillside above Portnancon, Loch Eriboll, is 20th graffiti of ship names, marked out in boulders. <1> <2>
This graffiti was photographed during aerial survey by RCAHMS in 2013. See link below to HES Canmore for photos. <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009.
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 334079.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 4155 6102 (41m by 89m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/334079/portnancon-loch-eriboll (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.