MHG60185 - Annular Brooch and Pins - Torbreck
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Annular brooch of post-medieval type, this example is unusual in being cast rather than made of sheet metal and is decorated with a vegetal design on the front. Also included are two pins from brooches of the same type and date.
Claimed as Treasure Trove case TT.22/08 and allocated to Inverness Museum.
Information from TTU (SC) 04 March 2014. <1>
The brooch and pins were submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 22/08) and allocated to Inverness Museum. They are listed under Acc. No. 2009.005.001-003. See attached TT report for photo. <2> <3>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A more detailed GR for the brooch is held by Treasure Trove. GW 10/07/20
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 339344. XY
- <2> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 22/08.
- <3> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 22/08.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6499 4000 (10m by 10m) (2 map features)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
- ANNULAR BROOCH (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH PIN (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/339344/torbreck (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.