MHG60220 - Enclosure - west of Millburn Cottage, Rhu
Remains of a sub-circular enclosure walling west of Millburn Cottage, Rhu
Type and Period (2)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- WALL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
The following site was recorded in a desk-based survey and field inspection in four areas proposed for natural woodland regeneration. Sponsor: Scottish Woodlands Ltd. D Alexander 1995.
Degraded structure 20m E of enclosure (MHG45912). <1>
A walkover survey of the Claggan and area west of Milburn was undertaken in 2014 by Rough Bounds Archaeology et al.
Site 29. Sub-circular enclosure walling near northern field boundary c.18 x 14 mtrs minimum. <2>
NGR adjusted based on 2012 aerial photographs. <3>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Alexander, D. 1995. 'Arisaig (Arisaig & Moidart parish), desk-based survey and field inspection', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1995, p.40. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 40. 40.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Alexander, D.. 1994. Arisaig, Lochaber District, Highland Region: Archaeological Survey. Centre for Field Archaeology, University of Edinburgh. 30/01/1994. Paper and Digital.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Rough Bounds Archaeology. 2016. Walkover Survey - Rhu Peninsula. Rough Bounds Archaeology. Digital. p.93 Site 29.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2012. Getmapping aerial photography 2012. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6439 8518 (18m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/132605 (Click to view HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.