MHG60240 - Bridge and Ford - Drochaid Tigh Na Mile
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- FORD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BRIDGE (18th Century - 1701 AD? to 1800 AD?)
- None recorded
A 18th century bridge recorded from the 2015 RCAHMS download. No additional information provided. <1>
A ford is depicted here on the 1st and 2nd edition, with a second 60m to the south. <2> <3>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 345976. XY
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-6. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 7396 9759 (40m by 40m)|
|Civil Parish||KINGUSSIE AND INSH|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/345976/drochaid-tigh-na-mile (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.