MHG60326 - Building (the Trappers House) - West An Garbh Uillt, Rhu
Building (the Trappers House) at West An Garbh Uillt, Rhu
Type and Period (2)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- TARGET (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- None recorded
A walkover survey of the area around West An Garbh Uillt (The Rough Burn) was undertaken in 2015 by Rough Bounds Archaeology et al.
Site 17. The shattered remains of a building known as the Trappers House where a family called MacRail lived until the early 1920s. The building is c.6 x 3 mtrs internally and was used as target practice in the WW2. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2012 aerial photographs. <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Rough Bounds Archaeology. 2016. Walkover Survey - Rhu Peninsula. Rough Bounds Archaeology. Digital. p.111 Site 17.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2012. Getmapping aerial photography 2012.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-6. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6520 8493 (11m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.