MHG60337 - Enclosure - Roinn an t' Srutha
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD? to 2100 AD?)
- None recorded
Modern OS mapping (2019) depicts a three sided enclosure on the nearside of land projecting into Loch na Droichniche. This enclosure is also clearly visible on aerial photography, although in this it appears to project out from the coastline, whilst on OS mapping it is firmly inland . <1> <2> <3>
The enclosure was photographed during aerial survey by RCAHMS in 2013. See link below to HES Canmore record for photos. <4>
- <1> SHG23361 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital.
- <2> SHG27491 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <3> SHG27382 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
- <4> SHG23282 Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 346133.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 1656 3399 (20m by 13m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/346133/meallard (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.