MHG60338 - Fank - Roinn an t' Srutha
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FANK (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A square fank is depicted on the 1st and 2nd edition OS maps on a small neck of land joining a small area jutting out into Loch na Droighniche. It is also visible in aerial photography taken 1999-2001, where it approximately measures 8m by 6m. <1> <2> <3>
The fank was photographed during aerial survey by RCAHMS in 2013. It was classed as a building in the resulting HES Canmore record. <4>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1878. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <4> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 346133.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 1651 3399 (6m by 9m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/346133/meallard (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.