MHG60383 - Building - Caledonian Canal, Fort Augustus
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- BUILDING (19th Century to 21st Century - 1801 AD to 2100 AD)
- ABLUTIONS BLOCK (Modern - 1901 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
This rectangular building which appears on the First Edition OS survey and now houses facilities for canal users (toilets and showers) is on a WSW-ENE alignment and measures c12m x 6m. The building is built of stone and has a slate roof and has two Velux windows. A second stone building, marked on the First Edition Survey, abuts to the north. This building is on a NW-SE alignment and is c14m in length; a sliding door 2m in width is seen in its north wall. Recorded in 2014 as part of RCAHMS Scottish Canals Recording Project. <1>
GIS spatial data created 2019 based on OS Master Map. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 3822 0935 (14m by 8m)|
|Civil Parish||BOLESKINE AND ABERTARFF|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/340195/inveroich-house-fort-augustus (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.