MHG60389 - Spillway - Kytra
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- SPILLWAY (19th Century to 21st Century - 1801 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
An overflow is depicted on the 1st and 2nd Edition OS Maps. <1> <2>
This spillway is in the north embankment of the canal just to the south of Kytra. It comprises a concrete platform 6m in width x 40m in length. The SE side has a concrete face 0.5m in height sloping to the canal and the NW side has a slope, faced with stone pavoir c4m in height, to the river. Recorded in 2013 as part of RCAHMS Scottish Canals Recording Project. <3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-4. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Inverness. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1900-5. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Inverness. Digital. XY
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 333624.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 3511 0668 (33m by 32m)|
|Civil Parish||BOLESKINE AND ABERTARFF|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/333624/kytra-spillway (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.