MHG60426 - Possible hut circle - Slaggan Track (5)
A possible truncated hut circle below the Slaggan Track, Rubha ban.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE? (Neolithic to Late Iron Age - 4000 BC? to 560 AD?)
- None recorded
A possible truncated hut circle below the Slaggan Track, Rubha ban. It was noted, but not fully recorded during a site visit by A Welti, J Buchanan and A MacInnes in 2011 as part of research for a dissertation on hut circles in Wester Ross. This was part of a degree course overseen by Aberdeen University. A very unclear hut circle site at NG86346 94129 has been truncated by the track and only a few stones indicate its possible presence (see photo). AEMC004a is at a distance of 6m from AEMC006 (see MHG60424). It has a possible diameter of 9m. <1> <2>
GIS spatial data created in 2019 based on 2009 vertical APs <3>
- <1> Text/Manuscript: Welti, A.. 2012. Roundhouses of Wester Ross and parts of Skye. University of Aberdeen. Yes. Digital. AEMC004a.
- <2> Dataset/Database File: Welti, A.. 2009-2016. Roundhouses of Wester Ross and parts of Skye: project database. Lochbroom Field Club. Yes. Digital. AEMC004a.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8634 9414 (16m by 16m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.wedigs.co.uk (View the WeDigs in Wester Ross Project website)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.