MHG60491 - Fish trap or Wall - Eilean na h-Eigheach
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- FISH TRAP? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- (Alternate Type) WALL? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A possible fish trap or wall on coast of Na Fanga is faintly visible on aerial photography. It is depicted on current (2019) OS Mapping. <1> <2>
This possible fish trap was photographed during aerial surveys by RCAHMS in 2013. See link below for photos. <23>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 345920.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 2219 4836 (65m by 62m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/345920/na-fangan (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.