MHG60492 - Enclosure and Building - Eilean na h-Ioldhain
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- STRUCTURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A sub-circular enclosure, c.14m across, and possible ruined round ended building or structure, c.7m by 4m, are visible on a small island on aerial photography. They are depicted on current (2019) OS Mapping. <1> <2> <3>
This enclosure was photographed during aerial surveys by RCAHMS in 2013. See link below for photos. <4>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital.
- <4> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 345919.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 2228 4828 (70m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/345919/na-fangan (Link tto online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.