MHG60505 - Scraper - Ard Dubh, Waternish
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
- None recorded
Flint scraper claimed as Treasure Trove case TT.99/07 and allocated to Inverness Museum.
Information from TTU (SC) 26 February 2014
See attached TT Artefact Report. <1>
Listed under Acc. No. 2011.011 in the IMAG catalogue. Information from Inverness Archive files describes the scraper as made of whitish-grey chert, measuring 65mm (L) by 45mm (W). <2> <3>
- --- Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 339212. XY
- --- Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 99/07.
- <1> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 99/07.
- <2> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2011.011.
- <3> Collection: Inverness Museum. 2019. Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Archive Files. 2011.011.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 2750 5970 (60m by 60m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/339212/waternish (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.