MHG60508 - Building - Balgy, Torridon
Ruined building at Balgy, Torridon
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A township comprising five roofed buildings, ten unroofed buildings and two enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1881, sheet xcii). Two roofed buildings, five unroofed buildings and three enclosures are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1970).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 24 April 1996.
A walkover survey of the area west of Balgy river was undertaken by Macinnes, A. and Doe, T. in 2013.
Site 19. Building under bracken. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 aerial photographs <2>
Note: This structure does not appear on the 1st Edition OS 6" (T. Blackie 3/6/19)
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8459 5455 (6m by 6m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/104982 (Click to view HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.