MHG60513 - Cultivation Remains - Ramasaig
No summary available.
Type and Period (3)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- HEAD DYKE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- CULTIVATION REMAINS (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A very extensive area of cultivation remains is visible on aerial photography. They are probaly associated with the township of Ramasaig to the north. <1> <2>
The area was photographed during aerial surveys by RCAHMS in 2010. See link below to HES Canmore record for photos. <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2010. Getmapping aerial photography 2010. XY
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 340315.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 1629 4392 (1261m by 1680m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/340315/ramasaig (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.