MHG60572 - Line of stones - Doire-Chlaigionn, Torridon
Line of stones at Doire-Chlaigionn, Torridon
Type and Period (1)
- WALL? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A township comprising seven roofed, two partially roofed, three unroofed buildings and a field-system is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1881, sheet xcii). Twelve unroofed buildings and a field-system are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1970).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 24 April 1996.
A walkover survey of the area around Doire-chlaigionn was undertaken by Macinnes, A. and Doe, T. in 2014.
Site 28. A line of stones from top of shore rockface leading inland, purpose unknown. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 aerial photographs. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8273 5453 (6m by 4m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/104978 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.