MHG60618 - Barbed and Tanged Arrowhead and Pottery Sherd - Fiskavaig, Skye
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
Two items of Chalcolithic or Early Bronze Age date were found: one is a barbed and tanged flint arrowhead with serrated edges, lacking one barb. The other is a small undecorated sherd, 8mm thick, with orange surfaces and medium grey core; this could possibly be from a beaker.
Claimed as Treasure Trove (TT 192/16) and allocated to Museum nan Eilean. <1>
Information from the Treasure Trove database describes a pale yellow/white chert barbed and tanged arrowhead with serrated edges. One barb missing. 35.4mm x 24..2 x 3.2mm. Also a small fragment of pottery found near findspot. They were allocated to the Museum of the Isles. <2> <3>
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: Sheridan. A. 2017. Bracadale, Fiskavaig, Isle of Skye, Casual Finds, Discovery Excav Scot, New, vol. 18. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 103. Paper (Copy). pp. 103. XY
- <2> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 192/16.
- <3> Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Finds Collection at the Museum of the Isles.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 3213 3384 (10m by 10m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
- BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- SHERD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/358228/skye-fiskavaig (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.