MHG60635 - Metal Detector Finds - Rosemarkie
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A small medieval and post-medieval assemblage of three copper-alloy objects: a medieval harness-mount, hanger, with three arms for suspending (now missing) mounts and decorated with a sexfoil motif in blue enamel; a cast copper alloy open work heart-shaped brooch topped with a stylised crown; a post-medieval double looped buckle with pin in situ.
Claimed as Treasure Trove (TT 141/17) and allocated to National Museums of Scotland. <1>
Information from the Treasure Trove database describes a MD assemblage with 3 objects: 1 heart brooch complete with small pin, 32x21mm. 1 double looped buckle with pin, incised lines in the middle of outer edge of each loop, 52mmx38mm. 1 horse harness fitting dectorated with blue enamel, fittings for 3 pendants, perforated top & mid 45x43mm. They were found in a diagonal line that crosses Rosemarkie road from NE water treatment works to SW Eden Lodge. <2>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Blackwell, A. 2018. Rosemarkie, Metal Detector Find, Discovery Excav Scot, New, vol. 19. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 124. Paper (Copy). pp. 124. XY
- <2> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7300 5700 (60m by 60m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- HARNESS FITTING (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- BROOCH (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.