MHG60642 - Possible hut circle or shieling hut - Eas Ruadh
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- SHIELING HUT? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- HUT CIRCLE? (Neolithic to Late Iron Age - 4000 BC to 560 AD)
- None recorded
A faint round structure, possibly a hut circle, is visible on aerial photography. It measures about 4.5m in diameter so would be small for a hut circle. <1> <2>
HES Canmore has a record for a shieling hut at this location but no additional information is given. <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2013. Getmapping aerial photography 2013. XY
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 345403.
|Grid reference||Centred NM 7232 5554 (5m by 5m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/345403/eas-ruadh (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.