MHG60676 - Finger Ring - Cadboll
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Information from the Treasure Trove database (TT 75/13) describes a post-medieval silver finger ring discovered during metal detecting and submitted to TT in 2013. It had two hexagonal bezels each incised with a letter. Hachure decoration incised on shoulders. Recent damage on hoop, possibly due to scraping to test metal type. See attached TT artefact report for further details. <1> <2>
Allocated to Inverness Museum and Art Gallery and listed under Acc. No. 2014.043. <3> <4>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A full GR and precise placename for the ring is held by Treasure Trove. GW 10/07/20
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 75/13. XY
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 75/13.
- <3> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2014.043.
- <4> Collection: Inverness Museum. 2019. Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Archive Files. 2014.043.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8900 7900 (20m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- FINGER RING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.