MHG60685 - Coin Hoard - Bonar Bridge
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Information from the Treasure Trove database describes post-medieval coin hoard discovered during metal detecting and submitted to TT in 2016 (TT 201/16). 7 large silver and base metal coins of England and Spain. Allocated to Tain Museum. <1>
See attached Treasure Trove report for futher information. <2>
Coin are in Tain Museum. See attached photo from. <3>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A more detailed GR and precise placenamefor the coins is held by Treasure Trove. GW 24/07/20
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 201/16. XY
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 201/16.
- <3> Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Finds Collection at Tain Museum.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6400 8900 (20m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- COIN HOARD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.