MHG60695 - Finger Ring and Buckle - Kirkhill
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Information from the Treasure Trove database describes a post-medieval gold posy ring discovered during metal detecting and submitted to TT in 2015 (TT 160/15). It had the internal inscription 'Grace mee, with acceptance'. Also found was a copper alloy partial trapezoidal buckle moulded decoration with gild surviving. The ring was allocated to Inverness Museum and Art Gallery. <1>
See attached TT artefact report. <2>
The posy ring is listed under Acc. No. 2016.005 in the IMAG catalogue. <3> <4>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A full GR and precise placename for the ring is held by Treasure Trove. GW 17/07/20
- <1> SHG28208 Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 160/15. XY
- <2> SHG28370 Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 160/15.
- <3> SHG25836 Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2016.005.
- <4> SHG28371 Collection: Inverness Museum. 2019. Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Archive Files. 2016.005.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5500 4400 (20m by 20m)|
- FINGER RING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.