MHG60697 - Building - Sand, Gairloch
A group of ruined buildings and enclosures representing a possible pre-crofting farmstead was noted at Sand, Gairloch, during a walkover survey in 2008 prior to an OHL replacement scheme.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A group of ruined buildings and enclosures representing a possible pre-crofting farmstead was noted at Sand, Gairloch, during a walkover survey in 2008 by C Dagg prior to an OHL replacement scheme between Aultbea and Dundonnell. A new pole for the OHL was proposed to be sited in the centre of this group but not within any of the features. <1> For the crofting settlement see MHG21644.
A walk over survey of the Sand area was undertaken by Macinnes. A, in 2012.
Site 28. Footings of building. <2>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 aerial photographs. <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Environmental Statement: Dagg, C. & Ash Design & Assessment. 2008. Aultbea to Dundonnell 33kV Overhead Distribution Line Upgrade: Environmental Statement: Vol 1: Written Statement: Chapter 6 Cultural Heritage. ASH Design and Assessment. . Digital. p.87 Site 4.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2013. Ruins of Sand Passage. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.12 Site 28.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 9034 9106 (9m by 10m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105111 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.