MHG60703 - Finger Ring - Milton
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- None recorded
Information from the Treasure Trove database describes a medieval silver finger ring discovered during metal detecting and submitted to TT in 2012 (TT 301/12). It is a stirrup ring with incised decoration on bezel. It was allocated to Inverness Museum and Art Gallery. See attached TT Artefact Report. <1> <2>
Listed under Acc. No. 2013.022. <3> <4>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A full GR and precise placename for the finger ring is held by Treasure Trove. GW 17/07/20
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 301/12. XY
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 301/12.
- <3> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2013.022.
- <4> Collection: Inverness Museum. 2019. Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Archive Files. 2013.022.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5000 3100 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND GLENMORISTON|
- FINGER RING (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.