MHG60704 - Annular Brooch - Milton
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- None recorded
Information from the Treasure Trove database describes a medieval copper alloy annular brooch discovered during metal detecting and submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 66/13). Poor condition; trace of decoration on one side - two incised lines at each quarter and traces of incised lines in between; pin missing. It was allocated to Inverness Museum and Art Gallery and is listed under Acc. No. 2014.053. See attached TT report for further details. <1> <2> <3>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A full GR and precise placename for the brooch is held by Treasure Trove. GW 17/07/20
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 66/13. XY
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 66/13.
- <3> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2014.053.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5700 5000 (20m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- ANNULAR BROOCH (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.