MHG60714 - Gilded Strap Fitting - Rait Castle
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- None recorded
Gilded copper alloy strap fitting with intact rivets and leather fragment – probably the remains of a leather strap. The style and manufacture indicates a medieval date.
Claimed as Treasure Trove case TT 30/08 and allocated to Nairn Museum. <1> <2>
This strap fitting is on display at Nairn Museum (2019). <3>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 339361. XY
- <2> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 30/08.
- <3> Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Finds Collection at Nairn Museum.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8900 5300 (60m by 60m)|
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- STRAP (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/339361/raitcastle (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.