MHG60716 - Gold Posy Ring - Inverness
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A plain gold posy ring, engraved with the inscription ‘my love by this presented is’.This particular inscription is taken from ‘The Academy of Complements, or, A new way of Wooing’, published in 1685.
Claimed as Treasure Trove case TT 72/08 and allocated to Inverness Museum.
Information from TTU (SC) 05 March 2014
See attached TT artefact report. <1>
Listed under Acc. No. 2010.008 in the IMAG catalogue. <2> <3>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal only. A precise placename is held by Treasure Trove. GW 12/12/19
- --- Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 339398.
- --- Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 72/08.
- <1> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 72/08.
- <2> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2010.008.
- <3> Collection: Inverness Museum. 2019. Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Archive Files. 2010.008.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7900 5200 (60m by 60m)|
- FINGER RING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/339398/balblair (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.