MHG60717 - Mixed Metal Detector Finds - Wester Kerrowgair
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Eight objects of medieval or later date, including:
Romanesque style zoomorphic strapend probably used for attaching to a leather strap for fastening a prayer book. Most of these animal-headed strapends have been found on church or abbey sites although there is no church of this date in the immediate vicinity of the findspot.
17th century Jew's Harp, a fragment of medieval annular brooch, and two 17th century buckles.
Claimed as Treasure Trove case TT 87/07 and allocated to Inverness Museum. Ex gratia award £110.
Information from TTU (SC), 17 February 2014
The finds are listed under the Acc. Nos. 2008.034.001-008. See attached TT report. <1> <2>
- --- Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 338966. XY
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 87/07.
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 87/07.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7500 5200 (60m by 60m)|
- STRAP END (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- JEWS HARP (17th Century - 1601 AD to 1700 AD)
- ANNULAR BROOCH (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1501 AD to 1700 AD)
- CASTING WASTE (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUTTON (Undated)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/338966/wester-kerrowgair (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.