MHG60722 - Gold Ring - Freswick
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
Information from the Treasure Trove database describes a Bronze Age pennanular copper alloy ring with gold sheeting mounded around it, discovered during metal detecting and submitted to TT in 2018 (TT 67/18). Visible lines along the inner bend of the ring, possibly from incision. 16.6grams, 27.01mm.It was allocated to Dunbeath Heritage Museum. See attached TT report for further details and photo. <1> <2> <3>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A full grid reference is held by Treasure Trove. GW 03/07/20
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 67/18. XY
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 67/18.
- <3> Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Dunbeath Heritage Centre Archives.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3700 6700 (20m by 20m)|
- RING (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.