MHG60727 - Medieval Coin - Kilbeg
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Norse - 800 AD to 1300 AD)
- None recorded
Information from the Treasure Trove database describes a medieval silver coin discovered during metal detecting and submitted to TT in 2013 (TT 44/13). It was a denier of Heinrich II, Holy Roman Emperor from 1002-24. It was allocated to the Museum of the Isles. See attached TT report for further details <1> <2>
See attached photo. <3>
See link below to ARCH Site of the Month Feature on the coin from April 2019.
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A full GR for the coin is held by Treasure Trove. GW 23/07/20
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 44/13. XY
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 44/13.
- <3> Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Finds Collection at the Museum of the Isles.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 6400 0500 (20m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
- COIN (Norse - 800 AD to 1300 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.archhighland.org.uk/news.asp?newsid=285 (Link to ARCH Online Siteof the Month Feature)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.