MHG60782 - Building - Sand, Gairloch
House at Sand, Gairloch
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A crofting township comprising fifty-nine roofed, one partially roofed, nineteen unroofed buildings and some enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1881, sheet xix). Twenty-four roofed, two partially roofed, thirty-three unroofed buildings and some enclosures are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10560 map (1969).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 22 April 1996
See MHG21644 for main township record
A walk over survey of the Sand area was undertaken by Macinnes. A, in 2012.
Site 40. House. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 aerial photographs. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NG 9073 9123 (9m by 11m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105111 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.