MHG60783 - Building - Allt a' Mhuilinn
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRUCTURE (Undated)
- None recorded
A building was noted by WCAS during a 2011 DBA and walkover survey in advance of a woodland creation scheme. Located around 150m W of the modern sheepfold and 6m S of the road, the remains of a rectilinear stone and turf house lay under heather, bracken, grass and rush. It measured 13m NE-SW by 5.5m over walls spread to 0.8m
and survived up to 0.6m high. There was a possible entrance in SE side measuring 0.6m wide and a curving wall to SE side could be the remains of a porch.
70m to the east was also the grass-covered fragment of a degraded turf bank, spread to 0.8m wide and up
to 0.3m high, running below a modern post/wire fence. It was the remains of a structure of unknown use predating the sheep fank and area of rig and furrow. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NG 6335 0654 (83m by 15m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.