MHG60829 - Fish Trap - Loch Sligachan
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- BREAKWATER (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- (Alternate Type) FISH TRAP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A fish trap was recorded during aerial surveys by RCAHMS in 2010 where the River Sligachan joins Loch Sligachan, on its south-eastern side. See link below to HES Canmore record for photos. <1>
This feature is labelled 'Breakwater' on the 2nd edition OS map, and 'Cairidh' on current (2019) OS Master Mapping. <2> <3>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 340278.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Skye. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 5021 3098 (204m by 70m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/340278/loch-sligachan (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.