MHG60944 - Annular Brooch - Muir of Ord
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- None recorded
A cast copper alloy annular brooch of medieval type; the brooch is intact and still has the pin although there is a break at the pin rebate. This example has been decorated with a punched bar every 90° with the space in between filled with rows of engraved parallel lines. This style of decoration can be paralleled on a number of brooches which have been found in the greater Inverness area.
Claimed as Treasure Trove case TT.151/09 and allocated to Inverness Museum.
Information from TTU (SC) 07 March 2014.
See attached TT report for details. It was listed under Acc. No. 2010.009 in the IMAG catalogue. <1> <2>
- --- Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 339415. XY
- <1> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 151/09.
- <2> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 151/09.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5400 4900 (60m by 60m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- BROOCH (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/339415/muir-of-ord (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.