MHG60960 - Building - Whitehouse Park, Wick
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CHAPEL (19th Century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD)
- DRILL HALL (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
A Congregational chapel is shown on the OS 1:500 town plan of Wick, Caithness, surveyed 1872, sheet xxv5.5. By the 2nd edition of the OS 25-inch map the building is annotated Drill Hall.
The building has been demolished and is now a car park.
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 3 June 2014.
- --- Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 340361.
- --- Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Caithness. Digital.
- --- Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-3. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Caithness (surveyed 1870-72). Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3654 5111 (13m by 18m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/340361/wick-whitehouse-park-drill-hall (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.