MHG60980 - Building, Croft 12 - Laide
Building, Croft 12 at Laide
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A survey of the Laide settlement area was undertaken by Macinnes, A. and Macintyre, J. in 2011.
The land of Croft 12 extends eastwards beyond the road towards the top of the cliff that drops to the shore of Gruinard Bay.
Site 4. Old house, shown as a roofed building on the 1st OS map of 1875, with modern extensions The original stone can be seen on
the back wall, and also along the front where the original footings are clearly visible. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2018. Croft 12, Laide. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.1-27 Site 4.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8999 9238 (10m by 17m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105051 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.