MHG60984 - Buildings, Croft 13 - Laide
Group of ruined buildings and possible enclosure, Croft 13 at Laide
Type and Period (4)
- BUILDING (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BARN? (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BYRE? (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- ENCLOSURE? (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A survey of the Laide settlement area was undertaken by Macinnes, A. and Macintyre, J. in 2011.
Croft 13 lies towards the northerly end of the village of Laide. The croftland, lying both above and below the road that runs from Laide Post Office to Mellon Udrigle, slopes down from an elevation of 39 metres at the highest point, to an elevation of 4 metres above the beach.
Site 1. Group of buildings. This group consists of 4 compartments, A,B,C,D. The largest has a corrugated roof which has partially collapsed. The attached building to the north could be a barn or byre. To the south is another ruined attached building, and stones suggestive of an attached enclosure. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> SHG28307 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2018. Croft 13, Laide. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.1-13 Site 1.
- <2> SHG27491 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <3> SHG23411 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8987 9253 (5m by 24m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105051 (Link to HES Canmore record)